Thursday, August 31, 2017

Daddy's Special Day

Father's Day was soon after we returned from our trip, so Ben requested we just relax and hang out by the pool. So we had a low key day. After breakfast the girls wanted him to open their gifts. They all got him amiibos, which made Kara upset because it had been her idea, and she felt copied. She was copied, but he liked and appreciated all of them. They always make funny cards for him. 




After Evie and Kiersten bought amiibos for him, Kara went back and also got him a Wii points card as well so her gift would stand out more. Everything is a competition around here. 
I decided to make a ridiculous card as well this year. I think I drew a picture of a raccoon. Or some other animal that made no sense. I wanted to make him smile, and I succeeded. I gave him the deluxe PIT game. He has always loved this game, and I sort of hate it, and so have refused to buy it in the past. I decided to just suck it up and try to give the game another chance. The first time we played with the girls I thought it was kind of fun. But now they bicker when we play and I sort of hate it again. Oh well, hahaha.
I went to the Poison/Def Leppard/Tesla concert with some friends. I didn't take many pictures, or any good ones. But it was super fun!


One of Evie's friends stepped on Kara's sunglasses and broke them, so I promised her I would get her some new ones. Somehow Kiersten talked me into getting some for her as well, and we went home with matching kitty shades. They even made up a catchy song that I can never get out of my head. "Meow meow meow, kitty kitty sisters. Kitty kitty sunglass sisters..." I have a video I can show to anyone who would like to be subjected. 
After 3 weeks Kiersten got her swim cast off. She was so happy and felt free. She wasn't super fond of the tan line, but I didn't think it was all that noticeable. 


Her swim times improved with being able to dive, and not having to drag a cast along with her. She was quite pleased with that. 
Six Flags had a Mardi Gras theme for much of the summer, so that was pretty fun. Don't get attached to the hat Evie is wearing in this picture, because she lost it on a roller coaster never to be recovered. She promised to buy Kiersten a new hat to replace it, but has not done so yet. 
Kiersten got awarded swimmer of the week after she got the cast removed. She was really scared to dive at first, but finally did it, and I'm pretty sure that's a big part of why she was chosen that week. 

No comments: