Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas morning in Ballwin

Santa definitely visited our house last night!
Evie has been asking for a singing Elsa doll, and was apparently good enough this year to get her wish.
Kiersten saw this "journey girl" in the Toys R Us ad. She went back and forth between wanting the bunk bed and the wardrobe, but ended up asking Santa for the bed.
Kara asked for a zoomer dog, and said she didn't care which color. I think Santa picked out the perfect one for her.
Their stockings are always full of fun goodies.
Kara had such a good time training her dog today. It was funny to hear her commanding him. She seems to think that saying the commands really loud is important. At one point she was shouting, "I love you!" to try to get him to bark back with a response. It was funny to hear it from the other room.
She did have some candy coal in her stocking, which we are taking as a subtle warning to be a little nicer to her sisters next year.
Santa spoiled Kara and Kiersten with little cans of Dr Pepper, which they always want, but never get. Sweet Kiersten even offered one of her cans to me, but I made sure she got to enjoy it herself.
She's pretty excited about her new doll, and had a great time decorating the bed with stickers.
Papa and Grams were on facetime, and the girls enjoyed getting to show off all of their fun gifts. Kiersten was super excited to show Papa the little guitar Kara gave her the night before. She says she can't wait to play together with him.
I think Evie is the only one that isn't a little tired of hearing Elsa sing today. She even sang in Spanish a few times before we got her on the proper setting.

Katie and Ben watching the girls open their gifts after breakfast.

I'm always excited when my sister Chris has me for Christmas gift exchanging. She makes awesome gifts!
I got this fabulous cross stitch framed picture of Christ. It looks like a painting, unless you look close, and can see the stitching. She is truly amazing! Now the difficult task of deciding where to hang it.


Evie got a gift that was wrapped in a triscuit box. She loudly said, "SERIOUSLY?!?", and was angrily tying to set it down. It took us a minute to get her to actually look in the box. She was glad to find a frozen purse inside the box.
One of Ben's favorite gifts was from his Mom. He's excited to use it this weekend when he goes to the game with his friends.
It was so fun to see Evie open her big gift from us. She was just overjoyed about this dog.
And Kiersten got the baby panda she's been dying for. I don't know why she wanted another panda, but she likes what she likes, and this one does do a lot of cute things, where her others are just stuffed animals. She named her Pomma. (The box called her Pom Pom.)
Kara wanted an electric scooter, and even asked if that's what it was when she saw the gift behind the tree. I said no, but it turns out I was a liar. It had to charge for 12 hours,  (which I should have figured out ahead of time), but she's pumped to try it out tomorrow.
My little nurturer took care of her baby all day. She even went around the house telling everyone when it said, "Mama". She was proud of her baby's milestone.
Evie had a great time dancing around with her puppy, Pumpkin. This dog even talks for some reason. Kinda weird, but I actually prefer it's talking to Kara's dog's barking.
Evie got everything she wanted and more. She couldn't come up with anything that would make her day better. She just had a wonderful day.
My sweet heart spent most of the day taking care of the Panda, and decorating the doll furniture. She got some fun crafts, and I'm sure she'll get to those soon enough. She'll have to give the panda a break at some point. I had fun playing her new look and find game with her.
Kara couldn't have been happier with her haul. She even got an iTunes card, and Katie got her the perfect shirt, which she is just thrilled about. I think she's already done all but one of her crafts. We played blokus a bunch of times, and the rest of the day she spent training her zoomer dog.
Kiersten gave her a snow globe making kit. It's pretty cute, and has a few extra spots, so she can get more of the little snow globes to add to the stand. She's also in love with her cat-wearing-a-santa-hat earrings.
Kiersten did do the bobble-head puppy craft that Evie gave her. She got to paint 3 little puppies, and accessorize them. I'll have to take a picture of them all finished, they are the epitome of girlyness, and oh so Kiersten.
Evie got a lot of new little people, so she brought her castle up for them to play in. The princess ones all work with the castle, so that's nice.
Kara wasn't too sure about the coal, but she didn't waste much time eating ALL of it.
Merry Christmas! I hope all days were as magical as ours.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Indeed, it looked magical. So fun. I'll bet Kara wishes it was a cat instead of a dog. I wish I could give you all a hug and a kiss. I miss you. Next year, please face time with me, remember I got a I pad this year. I so glad that Ben liked his Chiefs presents. I love you all.