Friday, October 24, 2014

Trunk or treat 2014

The girls school held a trunk or treat tonight. This year we went with a candy theme. Kara's costume took me the longest with having to cut out the letters and ironing them on. It was a pain, but turned out cute. She was excited to wear it.
Kiersten was such a cute little tootsie roll. Her costume was the easiest and quickest to make. I think it took me about an hour and a half from start to finish. I should have made the tulle on the top half stick up more, but oh well. She kept asking if she could eat the tootsie roll on her hair bow. She got lots of tootsie rolls tonight!
Evie is so in love with her costume! She told me she wants to wear it every day. I said I was glad not to be crocheting anything this year, but decided she needed a hat to go with it. I'm glad I made the hat, because it completes the look. She was a little worried when I put it on her that her friend Colbie might not recognize her.
Is that a sweet picture or what?
Ben refused to wear the halo I made for him. I was going to tape it to a hat, but he was a stinker. I still made him pose for a picture with it before we left. So here we are, dressed up like each other...
Kara got to run off with her friends, and was really excited about that. Kiersten also found some buddies to walk around with.
ready for the costume contest! There were so many kids!
Kiersten and her friends. She's got a lot of them. I feel like the first grade was a hard group to judge, lots of cute costumes.
Evie was beyond happy that she won "best homemade costume". I guess I can take that as a compliment as well. There were a few tears in the preschool and kindergarten groups when the winners were announced, but overall, the non-winners took it pretty well.
Kiersten was disappointed to not win a prize this year. Maybe next year!
Kara didn't win anything either, but didn't seem care too much. She decided she would have won best homemade, but the judges couldn't tell her costume was homemade. I'm just that good, I guess. Whatever makes her feel better. She was planning to wear this same costume to her ninja party tomorrow, but couldn't walk well, so I don't think it's a good idea. I think they're going to be running around, doing kicks, and stuff.
It was a super fun night, and went pretty smoothly. The best part? We get to do it again tomorrow with Evie's school. :)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Super cute costumes! You did a great job!

Nancy said...

We finally finished looking at your vacation pictures! It looks so magical & fun!!! Tommy is most jealous of you getting to go in a submarine! ...and I am jealous of those perfect beaches!!

Nancy said...

...and fancy night, & a new dress, & earrings, and, and and....!!! ha! :)