Monday, August 12, 2013

I fell in love with a girl at the rock show

Kara, kiersten, and Evie put together a rock concert last week. They put up posters all over the house announcing their show. they called themselves the Rocking Rollos. Kara actually asked me if she could hang posters all over the neighborhood, but I didn't think that was a good idea. They sold us tickets for ten imaginary cents.

Cute little ticket taker.
This was the souvenir table. they said we could help ourselves to as many free souvenirs as we wanted. Ben took the poster Kiersten made, since at dinner Kara was taunting her about "who would want that???" I ended up taking the pen and plastic lizard. Sadly, I don't think anyone wanted the toilet scrub brush  :/
Earlier in the day, Kara asked if she could order one bowl of caramel corn from me for her concessions stand. She also had a cooler with a bottle of sprite and about 10 ice cubes. It was pretty adorable, even if it was mostly used by the performers themselves. you can sort of see one of her rock concert posters on the wall behind her. 
It was a sold out show. They kept telling us we got the last 2 tickets. Lucky for us, we got the coveted couch seats. 


The concert was a lot of singing and dancing. All of the music was original songs. Evie was pretty nervous at the beginning, and kept asking Kara what she was supposed to do. 
I love the centerpiece they made for the table. We never did figure out what all the toys lined up along the wall had to do with the concert. 
there was a costume change between each song. Luckily, kiersten is a quick changer, and she kept coming out to entertain us with her jokes. most of them were confusing, but she was cute to try. We probably laughed more at the ones that made no sense.




After the last song, Ben pointed out how slow all the songs had been. So they came out to do a rocking encore. 


Just a few six flags pics of the kids from last sunday :)





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the toys were part of their audience. It looks so fun, I loved the concert they did for me. Seeing pictures of them at Six Flags reminded me of waiting with Kara and Kiersten for the WAVE to flatten us against the rail. I had so much fun with your family.