Tuesday, August 27, 2013

8/27/13

It has been kinda fun hanging out with Evie the past few weeks without the big girls there. I'm starting to get jealous of Ben's weekly daddy-daughter dates. Last week we went to the children's museum. Not only was it nice not to have to chase 3 kids around, but it was also great that there were almost no big kids there. It was mostly preschool aged kids, and not very many at that. So we were able to take our time at each exhibit, and not worry about someone waiting impatiently for their turn. We also were able to skip certain areas that are more geared toward older kids. I was really surprised at her roses painting. I've not really seen her paint something recognizable before. 
best buddies
Most of the time was spent in the pet clinic. She took care of every single dog and cat. This cat in particular, she took care of for a while. She had him cleaned and dried, weighed, and xrayed a few times. Then she was sad that she had to leave him behind when we moved on. 
She also took care of each baby. thankfully there are fewer babies than cats and dogs. 

most of those handprints are hers
there's usually a line for this big buuble maker. So I let her do it 6 or 7 times. She didn't pull fast enough, though, and the bubble would collapse on her. 
This was set up by the front entrance and she requested a picture. as soon as I took the picture she shouted "guards! after her" and started chasing me.
there were princess dresses to put on in the new story book area. (at least new since the last time we went through it) but she said she was already dressed like a princess. 
Good to know I'll have a helper the next time I paint a room...
Just one more week left til she starts preschool! but we'll still have the afternoons, and she only goes 3 days a week, so I'm sure we can have lots of mommy-Evie time. 

1 comment:

bmills said...

well, I'm jealous of both the mommy and the evie time