Friday, July 12, 2013

New car! New car!

Since we had Evie, I have started hating my SUV. It's just been such a pain to have to open 3 separate doors to get each girl in and out at every stop when we're running errands. And if the girls wanted to get to the back row without me opening the hatch back, they would have to climb over the seat, and sometimes people get kicked in the face. But my biggest issue with it was the turning radius. It's ridiculous trying to get into a parking spot if it's not at a slant. It didn't help that when we moved to St. Louis, we had a loaner minivan while we were waiting for our cars to be shipped. So I got to experience the joy of a tricked out mini van for a few weeks. and of course I've been complaining and complaining to Ben about those and a few other issues for 3 years now. Finally a few weeks ago he decided it was time to go car shopping! We had to wait for the dealership to find the van that fit all of our wants, but on Wednesday, it finally got here! I had Kara take this picture of me trying to look frustrated with the old car. It turned out a little different than we imagined it though. 
We got the Toyota Sienna limited premium package. The girls were so excited to get the new car! When we test drove this one, the girls fell in love, so they were pretty happy when they found out this was the one we were getting. I love how easily they can all just jump in, buckle in, and I don't have to walk all around the car opening and buckling everyone. It's also nice to have the auto door open feature. The girls are thrilled about the dual screen dvd player, though we haven't had a chance to test it out yet. It will be nice that they can each watch something different, or one can watch a movie while the other one plays a game on there. 
I also love the blue tooth for my phone, and the navigation is much easier to use than my garmin. I haven't quite mastered the voice recognition stuff, but I'm sure I'll love that eventually. My favorite is the back up camera and the blind spot alert if another car is in your blind spot. It makes me feel much more confident backing out and with freeway driving. 
Kara is the most excited. she said she can't wait to go on a long trip with it. 
And here's my "I love my new minivan" picture. Hopefully I'll get a handle on all the gadgets and computer stuff eventually!

3 comments:

Josh and Jackie said...

I love it and I love the two pictures of you! You look so happy in the minivan one! That's how I'm gonna look when I get mine! Love love it.

Unknown said...

SO awesome! With baby #3 coming we've started looking into minivans and really like the Sienna the most. How perfect for you!

Unknown said...

You are so lucky! I do like your pictures that express your feelings about your vehicles.