Monday, July 1, 2013

Grandma's visit

Grandma VanSickle came out for a visit last week. Since she visited Nancy's family first, Nancy was nice enough to drive her out to us. It was fun having the Sutherlands around to play for a couple days. Kiersten had to hold Tucker every chance she got. She just adores him.
We walked over to the pool one day for some swimming. 

The girls love having someone new to play with.


We stayed for quite a while and the kids were so tired by the time we got back home. 
On Saturday we went to six flags with Grandma. It was a pretty hot day, but lots of fun. 

Kara was tall enough to ride the superman ride for the first time. Ben insisted on taking her on it, though I thought she should wait til next year. 
On the way up! I could tell she was nervous, but she was really trying to act nonchalant. 
on the way down. They both seemed to like it pretty well. 
After we had enough of the rides, we went to the water park. 

It was a perfect day for the pool.

Kara likes being in the deep end when the wave pool starts up.
It was a nice day and we left just in time to avoid the thunderstorm that rolled in that evening. We all had such a fun time with Grandma while she was here!


2 comments:

Nancy said...

You are so good at taking pictures of the small things that later I wish I had taken pictures of! Now I need desperately to update our blog!!

Unknown said...

I loved spending time with your family! Thanks for letting me stay with you. I love you all and miss you.