Thursday, May 30, 2013

summer begins

Kara's bike was missing a bolt, and Ben couldn't find one that was the right size to replace it, so we ended up giving her bike to goodwill. So I felt that she got robbed of bike riding last summer, and have been nagging Ben to get her a new one. She finally got it on Saturday, and by monday the weather was nice long enough for her to try it out. She has clearly forgotten a few things. I guess it's not all true what they say about always remembering how to ride a bike. 
Evie is quite good at her trike. I'm sure in no time, she'll be graduating up to a big girl bike too. (or inheriting one)


Kiersten does fine as long as she's not going uphill too much. I don't know what I need to have them do to get stronger at pedaling. I guess just more practice. 
We had a few collisions...
They all gave up pretty quickly on the bikes, and wanted to do sidewalk chalk. Kiersten was so proud that she drew Minnie Mouse for Evie. 


so Kara had to draw Minnie Mouse as well, to  show her superior drawing skills. Kiersten was pretty mad about it. 
And Evie had to draw an outline around Kara. She always begs and begs, and Kara doesn't want to lay on the ground for fear of a bug crawling on her. But in the end I always make her do it. 
The kids are still excited to be out of school. I just wish the weather would cooperate a little. We've had thunder storms galore. We've only been able to get to the pool once so far. I know it's a matter of time before the girls get sick of being stuck in the house all day, with me finding new ways of tricking them into helping with housework.

2 comments:

bmills said...

It seems that Evie may have a future in the homicide dept of the police

Vicky Van Sickle said...

bmills, so are so funny.