Monday, April 8, 2013

Grandma and Grandpa Boot and Johnsons visit!

Jackie and her kids came back up from Kansas city again on Tuesday. It was so much fun having them and my parents here all week. We took the kids (besides Kara) to the zoo. 

All of the kids besides Jolee piled up in this little hole. I wouldn't have thought they'd all fit in there. 

We've only ever seen the sea lions from the above viewing area, as there's usually a huge line to the under water part. 
It was pretty fun, and the kids loved it.
On Thursday, my parents treated us all to dinner. It was pretty fun and tame for having 6 kids in a restaurant. They all behaved so well. 
I got to sit by Kaymie, who is such a sweetie, and Cash made me a picture on the back of his placemat. 

Friday was really nice, so we took the kids to the park. 


When we ordered our Halloween costumes last year, they accidentally sent us a ninja sword kit with a sword, dagger, nun chucks, and ninja stars. My kids weren't interested, so I've been holding on to it still in the package. I thought Cash would like it, so I asked Jackie if she was okay with him having it.  He was in heaven with it. He thanked me so many times, and kept saying how much he loved it.
Kiersten hasn't quite mastered the monkey bars, but she doesn't stop trying. 
After Kara got home from school, we let the kids play around outside for a while. Baby Jolee went down for a nap, and didn't stay out for long. 

Evie insisted on wearing her warmest winter coat, though it was almost 70° out. 



After Ben came home from work, he grilled burgers for us all, and we enjoyed dinner out on the deck. By that point, Kiersten was the one in a winter coat.  
We had birthday gifts for Jojo, whose birthday we just missed, and Cash, wo will turn 5 at the end of the month, so they got to open those. 

And Kiersten was thrilled with the nail polish and lip gloss they brought her for her recent birthday. 
I bought a little candy kit for the kids to decorate bunny and chick cupcakes. 
They all loved it, and it was simple, so they didn't need too much help. 


I told them all to hold up their favorite one, and they all chose their bunnies. Good to know for next time to skip the chicks, which were messier to make and harder for them to eat. 
They all left early on Saturday morning. It was so fun having them here, and the kids were sooo good. When they were about to leave, Cash was in the dining room, hiding in the corner. I asked what was wrong, and he said he wished he could go to Keirsten's soccer game, and stay longer. I reminded him that he'll be coming again this summer, and he cheered up a little. Then he thanked me again for the ninja kit, and I said, "now I'm your favorite aunt, ha?" and he answered, "yes. but mostly because you played wii U with me". And of course that made my day, even if I had to fish for it.

No comments: