Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Sunday 2013

Kiersten got her face painted like a bunny at school. She was really proud of it, til it was time to scrub it off. Then she wondered why her teacher would do such a thing to her.
Evie fell asleep early on Saturday, so Kara and Kiersten took care of coloring the Easter eggs. 
We were lucky enough to have Grandpa and Grandma Boot, and Jackie, Josh, Cash, Kaymie and Jolee here for Easter. They were super anxious to get outside and start hunting!
While the rest of us were at church, Ben and Josh stayed home with sleeping Evie and Jolee. Some guy thought he was at the right house when he saw our yard, and lightly knocked, and then let himself and his kids in the house. Ben was pretty surprised, and it sounds like it was awkward for everyone. 






Kiersten was the first to find her Easter basket. 






Cash was nice enough to find Evie's for her and bring it out from behind the bush. 
sweet Jojo! she loved that lamb so much!


Kara was the last to find her basket. 
Evie may not have found hers by herself, but she found Grandma's!
Happy hunters!
Mom and Dad with their Easter spoils. 
Easter family
the kids were so funny opening their eggs, and going through their baskets. They were overly excited about each item.
Kaymie got the most money, I think over $13. I thought that was pretty good for a 3 year old. Kiersten got the next most at $9. And kara got the least except for baby Jolee, who only collected a couple eggs.
The girls were really excited to have cupcakes for dinner on April fool's day. I usually like to think of more pranks, but this year, it was the day after Easter, and I didn't focus on it much. Besides the dinner, I put different candy in Ben's Easter basket than was there the day before, and pretended it had been there all along (which he fell for, but didn't turn out as funny as I thought it would). I put a plastic spider in Kara's sandwich box, and Ben put a raisin in my Mom's water glass, which was kinda funny. Also, when my mom picked up the salt grinder, the whole bottom fell off into her food, and I thought Ben did it on purpose, but it turned out to just be a funny coincidence. 
I told Kiersten she had to wait til dinner, but I knew she snuck a taste of her cupcake, because she came and asked me what the frosting was made of (mashed potatoes). and then she tried to say it didn't look very sweet. Evie was a little upset to find a meatball instead of a cupcake, so I felt kinda bad. I'm surprised Kara fell for it, since I made the exact same thing last year. 
my mom made these candy peas, corn, and broccoli. 
Kiersten was so eager to finish her "dessert", so she could have "dinner". She was way jealous when Kara got hers, and said they were candy. 
Kara ate her peas for a change. Evie ate the peas and corn, but refused to touch the broccoli. The girls tried to convince her it was realy candy, but she wouldn't believe them, and threw a fit every time they brought it back up. So she didn't get to try out the broccoli candy. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Easter Egg Hunt looked like a lot of fun! I wish we could of all been together. And your April Fool's Day food sounds like it was fun too. I miss you all.

Nancy said...

Very cute Easter princesses! Every year I see you blog about April Fool's Day & I think I'll remember next year, but I always forget all about it! Next year you'll have to remind me so I can do something fun too!