Monday, January 11, 2016

Ben's birthday


Here are some pictures I finally uploaded from Ben's 34th birthday. A good friend of his gave him the Montana jersey. He was pretty excited about it. 
The girls set up a scavenger hunt for him to be led to his party in the basement. Kara was very proud of the clues she made up. I didn't help them, so I was surprised to read some of them. This one was intended to lead to Evie's room because she always says the guy on the Izod poster at Kohl's is her boyfriend. 
The surprise at the end of the scavenger hunt was a nintendo party. They were very clever with their "Ninbendo" sign. They kept bringing it up and reminding us of it the rest of the night. We played smash brothers.
I made some of Ben's favorite treats for the party. The girls ate most of it, because Ben and I had been eating so healthy all month in preparation for our cruise, and our stomachs couldn't handle too much. 
They put his gifts by the Chiefs tree in the basement. He has a lot more ornaments for it now, so next year it will be much more impressive. 
Since we would be gone for Christmas, I made a ham dinner for Ben's birthday. 


He got just what he was in most need of: more Chiefs stuff. 

I got him the new cheerleader calendar. The girls were anxious to look through it and see which cheerleader was on their birthday months. 
I also got him this jacket, which he has loved so far. It has some neat features. 
Kara spent 3 days working on this amiibo stand for him. She even asked me to use her allowance to buy the green pipe cleaners. She was super excited about it, and he tried to act like he liked it. It can hold 2 or 3 amiibos, and I think he should use it. 
He got the video game he was wanting. I had the girls wrap it in a really big box to trick him, but they didn't stuff the box with anything to make it heavier, so I think he may have guessed what it was. 
I think he had a pretty fun birthday! I wanted the girls to do kids night out, so I could take him somewhere fun, but they really wanted to plan this party for him, and it turned out to be a great evening. 

No comments: