Thursday, October 17, 2013

6-0!

This past weekend we took the girls to another Chiefs game. The day before, they had made these felt paper dolls. I knew they would like them, but didn't realize what a hit they would be! Kara handed me a notebook page full of clothes and accessories they wanted to "order" from me. They spent a good amount of the car ride, and the evening in the hotel playing with them. My original intention was to take these with us when we drive to Texas, but now I'm not sure with how much all the pieces got all over the place. It is cute how into it they are. Kiersten asked me to make a wedding dress for hers, so it could get married to her purple teddy bear. A few days ago, they came home from school, and started designing some Halloween costumes for them. 
I just cut out a paper template to trace onto the felt boards, so I could use the same template to make all of the clothes. It has worked out quite well. We glued on yarn for the hair, and the girls drew bathing suits on them so they would be modest. They also drew on faces and jewelry. I sort of wish I had cut the body out of cardboard, instead of just drawing it onto the board, but it works, and they haven't complained. 
I had every intention of drawing Evie's face for her, but she got to it before I had the chance. Of course her little face is more charming than anything I would have drawn. She drew eyes, cheeks, a nose, a mouth, and even drew on a forehead. 
Ben is pretty annoyed with the entire thing, so I may have to come up with some alternate ideas for them on the drive to Texas. I think I'll do some bingo cards with items they might see while we're driving, and maybe I can come up with a few more ideas. I just don't want them playing video games, as both Kara and Kiersten have gotten carsick from that in the past. 


Sunday was the big game! Of course we got there early for some tailgating fun. All the girls had fun in this bounce house. 
waiting in line for the bathroom. Evie was about to pee herself, so everyone let her jump to the front of the line, but these two had to wait patiently. Kiersten got really upset when she realized that Kara gave her bunny ears. 
Ben kicking a field goal. Is it horrible that I can't remember whether he made it or not? 
This time we were sitting just above the tunnel where the team runs out onto the field. It was a pretty fun section that we were in. Ben is so happy to have his team doing well this year. It's been so long since they were good. It was fun to watch them destroy the Raiders, and remain at an undefeated 6-0! (especially since when we went to their game against the Raiders last year, they got creamed..)
We didn't realize when we left home, that they had the Guinness world record people there, and were attempting to break the record for the loudest stadium. I think it wasn't til the 4th quarter that we finally took the record back from Seattle. The girls are pretty proud to have been part of it. They were screaming their loudest, even Evie. It got really loud. We kept having to cover their ears. My ears were ringing the whole drive home, and a little still the next morning. None of the girls complained about their ears, but I'm still a little worried about it. The Seahawks stadium is really loud too. Until this game, I would have said Seattle was louder, but after being nearly deafened, I have to agree that Arrowhead deserves the title. 
I forgot to bring the red and yellow nail polish, but we did have a bunch of cool tattoos.
We had a frantic search for Kara's foam finger as we were trying to leave home. Of course it ended up being somewhere I had told her to check, and she claimed she did.
Everyone is so happy on their way out of the stadium after a big win! Everyone was singing, chanting, and laughing. 
And a super nice lady offered to take a group photo for us :)
Here's the close up pic I promised to get of Kiersten in her soccer gear, for a moment of randomness.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a great time at the Chiefs game! Your family is so lucky! Kiersten is really cute in her soccor uniform. I think you did a wonderful job with the paper doll clothes. It's hard to find car activities to keep the kids entertained on long trips.

Nancy said...

With Kara's new haircut I can't believe how much she looks like Ben! I always thought she was the one that had a lot more of your face. Sounds like your game was a bit better than our gAme where Purdue got creamed!