Monday, September 30, 2013

Kiersten Joy- soccer star

Kiersten is playing soccer again this fall. I just realized when I uploaded the pictures that I didn't get a close up of her in her uniform. I'll have to get one next week. She is so proud to have gotten 10 goals in her first game. The team she played were all new to soccer, so it was easy for her to dominate. This past weekend she played a more experienced team with a few older kids. She still got 2 goals, and did really well. She also passed the ball a few times, which made be happy because it was something I talked to her about after getting all those goals the first week. Her team is the red dragons, (funny as her last team was the black dragons). And she is number 4. There is one other girl on her team, and Kiersten tries really hard to help her, which I think is very sweet. 

I am amazed at how much better she is than in the spring. confidence is her biggest area of improvement, and it has made a pretty big difference!

On friday the girls wanted to make fairy houses. So we found any leftover or empty box we could, and I let them go around the yard to gather leaves and stuff. 
Evie was the mastermind behind the idea, and I'm still not sure how she came up with it. 

Kiersten's fairy house. She even glued rocks to the top. 
Kara spent a lot of time helping with her friend's house, so hers is pretty basic, but she plans to make some more things for it. 
Evie's fairy house. she checks every morning to see if there is a fairy in there. One morning Kara put a "polly pocket" fairy in there, and that caused a big commotion, Evie and Kiersten were so excited. 

2 comments:

bmills said...

10 goals! Holy moly!

Nancy said...

Yay Kiersten! I wish we were a tad bit closer so we could come watch her play a game!