Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Evie's first day of preschool

Evie finally had her first day of school. Though we have been having a grand time together the last few weeks, she has been very anxious to go to school. In the morning, she tried to get on the bus with her sisters, and was a little disappointed to learn that I would be driving her to school. 
She was so cute all morning. She came in to wake me up, and said, "Good morning Mommy, it's my first day of school!" The whole time we were getting everyone ready, she kept informing Kara and Kiersten that she had to get ready too. 
She is in the friendly frog class, and is very excited. She keeps reminding me that she no longer goes to the baby class. She did spot her teacher from last year, and didn't want to let go of her to go to class, but I'm sure she'll love her new teacher before long. 
She got to color, hear a story and play outside while the parents went to a meeting. she had so much fun. She is very proud that they have big kid chairs instead of the baby seats she had last year. There was a picnic afterward, and when we were leaving from that, she told me that she already learned so much at school.
This morning she did not want me to leaver her, so as soon as her teacher had a hold of her, I had to run out pretty quick. But when I picked her up, they said she did fine, and was happy all day. She was proud to tell me that she went potty 4 times and did not have any accidents at school. (which is good because thanks to Ben, she's under the impression that if you have accidents at school, you get kicked out). I can't believe she's such a grown up girl!

2 comments:

bmills said...

What a cute and big school girl!

Nancy said...

She looks adorable in her little school outfit! Tommy will be jealous, he's started to ask about going to school with the big kids!