Friday, March 8, 2013

Barnyard Moosical!

Kara has been practicing and practicing for the 1st grade "Barnyard Moosical". It was last night, and she was so excited. As soon as she got home from school she changed into her outfit she had decided was the most cow looking. There are 4 classes, so they had cows, pigs, chickens, and goats. Kara was a little jealous of the chickens because they got to wear sunglasses. 
She told me she wasn't good enough at memorizing to try out for a speaking part. But after seeing the show, I don't think there is a word of it I haven't heard her practicing in the past few weeks. I think she's better at memorizing than she realizes. 
I was kind of annoyed that there wasn't ever a good chance for pictures, since they had us drop her off at the classroom to get ready, and then when we picked her up she was in her coat ready to go. They marched them all on and off the stage at the same time, so the only pictures I got of the show were during the singing, trying to get a shot over all the other parents in front of me. 


I hope this video works. Evie was climbing all over me and pulling my arms, so I'm sure it's a little shaky. 
After the show we took the kids to dinner. We have a favorite Mexican place, and Kara has been dying to go there on a Thursday, since it's kid's night. They all got ballon animals, and 2 of the kids meals were free. Kiersten and Evie both wanted Ariel balloons, but Kiersten got pink hair on hers so they could tell them apart. Evie was very excited that Kara got the octopus, so Ariel can wrestle with it. 

No comments: