Sunday, July 10, 2011

Evangeline's birthday party

Evie will be turning one on the 13th. Since we are moving next weekend, and expect to have a really busy week getting ready, we decided to have her birthday party this weekend. The girls put together goodie bags for all of their friends who were invited. They were very careful to put girly things and colors in certain bags, and more boyish things in other bags. Most of my cake making stuff is packed away, but we did come across the big cupcake pan I used for Kara's 3rd birthday. So I used that. We have been letting all of our food run low, or run out so it will be easier to move. So I had no sugar and hardly any flour. Rather than go buy entire bags of each, I opted to go with cake mix and canned frosting. The girls put on tons of sprinkles. They were so funny, placing each one by hand just where they thought it was needed. I thought it would look better with big fondant sprinkles, but I didn't want to buy more fondant, when I know I have some packed away in a bin in the garage. But I think the regular sprinkles looked good too.


We had her party at Stewart Heights park. It's a really kid friendly water park. We had lunch and the party first in the regular playground area, and went to the water park after. We got there early to claim some tables, so the girls had lots of time to play.





This spinning toy was fun, but hard for Ben and I to stay on.


After lunch and cake, Evie opened her gifts. Well, she opened the first gift, played with it for a second and then squirmed in my lap while I opened the rest and showed her. she is getting 4 new teeth at once, so I was just glad she wasn't crying at all.





This water park is perfect for kids. They do have a deep end that is sectioned off, but the majority is wading depth and spray toys. I think all the kids had a great time.


I played in the water with Evie for about 15 minutes, before she got tired and went down for a nap. She slept for a long time considering all the noise and people around.


Kara and Kiersten loved playing with the other kids. Kara was even big enough to go on the waterslide this year. She is getting too big.


I had a nice spot to sit with Evie while she was sleeping to watch everyone hanging out in the pool.





As soon as she woke up from her nap, Evie was ready to start getting wet again.


Kiersten picked out this adorable swim suit to give her for her birthday when I took them shopping a few weeks ago. So it worked out perfectly when we decided to have her party here. I'm glad she had this new one, because it fit perfectly. I would have thought her old one still fit, and now I see that she may be getting bigger than I realize.



She still has a couple gifts from Ben and me to open on the 13th, and we'll put her in the highchair to really dig into some cake on her birthday.

3 comments:

VicandNanc said...

Oh man, I was so worried about working like crazy to make up for vacation days, packing, etc. that I didn't get anything in the mail to Evie! I guess she will just have to get it all in a few weeks when we see you guys :) I love that her birthday is on the 13th so I can remember it (Tommy's, Will, & Sam's is all on the 13th too!) Now that summer is here I am SO wishing we had a fun kiddie water park near us. I forgot how insane your neighbors are with the fireworks. Since I am obsessed myself, I'd really like living in your neighborhood this time of year! We bought fireworks & have been so busy that we haven't had time to light them off! It is funny to see your girls wearing rainboots & long pants this time of year because it is so steaming hot in Idaho! (even hotter & muggier here in Chicago). Tell Ben my phone died due to Tommy dunking it in water so he can't call, but no... didn't count the blueberries! Plus that watermelon outfit is just too cute so I can't imagine more matching accessories! Her outfits are all SO fun... as you can tell my baby girl would have no clothes if it wasn't for your hand me downs so THANK YOU again!

VicandNanc said...

P.S. I think I just made a comment length record :)

Vicky Van Sickle said...

Evie's party looked so fun, just what I love to do. I wish I could of been with you guys. Her cake was cute, and your girls all look beautiful. I too will have to give Evie her gift when she arrives in Idaho Falls. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you soon.