Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Summer Send-Off

The same week that school started, my parents called to say they were coming out to Missouri to purchase a car. So that was a fun surprise to have them around for a few days. The girls sure like having their full attention all to themselves. 

We had the end of summer adults only pool party at our neighborhood pool. My parents decided not to attend, but it was nice to have them with the girls at home. It was a fun superhero party. 
Ben even came down to help with set-up. What a guy!
Fun times. A few of us did end up in the pool, so I was glad I wore my bathing suit under my spiderman dress. 
Kara really wanted to go to the Def Leppard and Journey concert. We waited until about a week before the concert, and all the ticket prices dropped, so we were able to get good seats. She was sooooo happy. I was happy too, mostly because it's been a while since I've seen her that excited about anything. 


There was a wide range of people there. But Kara knew as many songs as anyone else. 


Cheap Trick was the opening act. I've seen them before, and thought they were better this time. 


Of course Def Leppard puts on such a fun, exciting concert. I think they're pretty hard to beat. I like Journey more, but Def Leppard has a better show. I thought the exact same thing when I saw them with Poison. 
Thanks to all the football we go to in KC, our stadium dancing game is strong. Someone commented to me that Kara had some impressive moves for staying in a small area. 




I love me some Journey! They had some sound problems, but the crowd was easily able to help fill in when the speakers were cutting out. 

No comments: