Wednesday, June 12, 2013

cleaning crew

The girls were driving me crazy last week. So in an effort to both keep them busy, and keep them from making messes, I recruited all of them to help me with some chores. I made a sign up chart, and they all got to earn points for the chores they helped with. Kara earned the maximum amount of points, so she got to purchase the most special privileges. She chose a movie party with popcorn, a board game party, and painting fingernails. Kiersten earned play time with play dough. and Evie didn't do enough chores to earn anything, but she got to participate with her sisters' activities. 
They aren't always the most helpful, but at least they aren't off somewhere creating more work for me. We made it fun, with cleaning music, and every girl had a belly washer to carry around with her. It was kind of fun, even if I still ended up doing about as much housework as I normally would have anyway. This picture was Kara's idea, and she kept reposing everyone in different silly ways. She begged me to let her hold the windex. At first I said no, but she promised not to spray it. 
I loved my fabulous little helpers! I think we'll plan another cleaning day soon. Maybe the next time we get a thunderstorm :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a good idea. If you keep doing it, your "cleaning crew" will keep getting better and better :)